Saturday, June 15, 2019

A Nice Windy Day with Anastasia & Dmitry

It's a little funny how these invitations to join me for sailing work out.  I had planned to have one colleague join me, but early in the week, I noticed that Anastasia (a chemist in an adjacent group) was talking about an upcoming birthday this weekend, so I invited her and her husband, Dmitry, for a birthday sail.  In the end it turned out fortuitous, because the first colleague had to cancel at the last minute.

I won't go into great detail... photos are below.  Coming back upwind, I gave them both a chance at the helm and even pulled out the skipper's hat for the photos.

It was a beautiful day.  Winds were steady between 10 and 15 knots, but as the morning progressed, it picked up with occasional gusts to 20 or more.  Since I hadn't had a chance to open up the sails (or exercise any of the systems for that matter), it represented a nice start to the season.  Once it got choppy enough, we motored back, tied up on the ball and finished the day at the KYC bar.

Tomorrow I head back up with some different colleagues and to meet John for Father's Day.








No comments:

Post a Comment