Saturday, October 12, 2019

Sailing with Josh & Family


Today my friend from work, Josh, and his family came out for a day on Seas The Day.  Josh has been instrumental in helping me get oriented to my new job and our families have become friends.  We even took Josh and his son to China with us a year or so ago to travel through the picturesque Guilin area.

We met in Rock Hall and found a liquor store to get sandwiches.  (I kid you not - that was Captain Gary's recommendation and the sandwiches were great!)  We departed around 10:30 AM and headed south.  There was very little wind which was fine since I needed to get some engine hours before ending the season so we motored most of the way.

The photos tell most of the story.  We motored south and went under the bay bridge.  Photos don't capture that south of that bridge, the bay was filled with sailboats sailing, so we joined them for a tack or two before heading north again.  We also passed by a couple of Chesapeake Bay lighthouses.  Scroll down for some details and links.

(Vicky's photo...)






Going under the bay bridge

Some photos around the Thomas Point Lighthouse...







After visiting that lighthouse, we turned and headed north.






After passing under the bridge, we detoured a bit to get a better look at the Sandy Point Lighthouse...



We then headed back across the bay to the east to return to Rock Hall!





By the time we got back, little Josh was getting bored so they returned home and Vicky and I had our first meal in the cockpit of Seas The Day!


We had nobody in the slip across from us, so we could marvel in the light from the setting sun hitting the outer edges of Swan Creek.


(I just received my new watermarks for my birthday, so I had to try them.)


We enjoyed the sunset, then a bit of time outside before turning in for the night.



Here are a few photos from Vicky's phone...









Here are a few photos Deniz captured of me...






No comments:

Post a Comment