Friday, July 9, 2021

New Anchor Installed

 


My new Mantus M1 Anchor was installed this week!  You can read about the rationale behind my purchases in the post from a few weeks ago.  Above you can see the 65 lb. Mantus M1, below is a close up of the Mantus S1 Swivel that connects the chain to the anchor, and below that is the 275' of G4 5/15 HDG chain that connects the anchor to the boat (with 50' of nylon 3 strand at the end).



With the Anchor Bungee installed

I had Wade at Gratitude save the old anchor which I will use as a backup/stern anchor.  To stow it, I had to re-attach the shackle and while I could, I used B-dock to lay out and untwist the anchor rode.



I had recently purchased a laundry basked from Amazon... they shipped a box of 5 and when I called them on it, they said I should just keep these ($20) baskets (I'll never understand Amazon's finances).   So I stowed the backup anchor in a laundry basket to keep the rode from going all over the stern locker.  A friend from B-dock helped me lift it into the "garage" in the stern of Seas The Day.




My dansforth-style anchor remains at home in my garage.  I know it does me no good there but I just can't imagine where I would stow it aboard Seas The Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment