Sunday, January 23, 2022

Sleeping in the Water - Update

Note the ice in the foreground....

I went to Rock Hall to check in on Seas The Day this morning.  We have had fairly cold weather the past few days and Swan Creek was iced over as I walked out on the dock.  As I got closer, I could hear the hum of the deicers working as they moved the water amongst the boats.  A bit of ice was forming at the waterline on Seas The Day from the splashes.






Going aboard (this always requires a tad bit of courage... it's a bigger step than normal), the water in the bilge was still pink, but the electrical panel was dead.  Fortunately, I remembered the learnings from the last time this happened, and could get her restarted.  (It turned out the breaker in the stern starboard locker had tripped.  I wonder if the deicers are dropping the dock voltage?  Because we kept the battery switch at "2" while at the dock, I could switch to battery "1" and restart the panel.)


I also noted that the canvas bimini and dodger have finally been removed.  So (mostly) all is well for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment