Thursday, May 28, 2020

Back On Board!


We're finally back on-board effective last weekend!  We're not sailing yet... the sails will only get installed tomorrow, but at least Seas The Day is in the water and we're back.

One problem with the bigger boat is that opening weekend is more like moving day!  There's no furniture to deal with, but all the boxes of little things you need (OK, want) in your daily life have to be transported back... first they must be gathered.


This year, there are some weird additions... masks and gloves and extra bleach!



With the car finally packed, we made the first of two trips down.  It was great to see Seas The Day in her berth at Osprey Point Marina.  She still needs to have the Bimini set up (and the sails bended on and the 50 hr engine service), but we could move in for the season.



After moving in, it looked like a typical move-in day.

I should note that before we could actually get in, we had to deal with the hatch again.  Yes, the same hatch that had me trapped the first day I stayed aboard during orientation.  This time the rope connecting the lower hatch door with the counterweight had jumped the pulley, binding the door in the closed position.  You should have seen me trying to lift my bum knees high enough to climb in.  I was NOT elegant.


I did a quick check of the propane system (pressurize it with everything "On", then wait 15 minutes to see if the pressure drops after the tank is closed) before we started cooking.  Although there is no photo, I noticed that there was water standing in the propane locker.  Aiming a hose into the drain port had it running out below, but there must be a low point in the hose.  I'll need to figure out how to dry it out and keep it dry so the propane can escape safely if it leaks.




I also set up the refrigerator and freezer and made sure the temps were set safely.



Since I'm working in software now, I made sure to update the software on the boat.


We cooked a few meals on our two days there.




Every surface becomes a staging area for cooking a meal.

Vicky seemed to like my breakfast... maybe it was the homemade oat bread.



So it was a nice weekend.  I can't begin to describe how great it was to get out of the house - even if it meant a lot of work schlepping stuff out to the car and back to the boat.

Final commissioning work is being done by the staff at Gratitude Marina this week while We're back at home.  With luck, we should get the boat back just in time for our vacation week next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment