Friday, May 7, 2021

Working From the Boat

This week I headed down to Rock Hall during lunch on Thursday to work from the boat Thursday afternoon and Friday.  This sounds wonderful (and it is) -- set up, get everything completed you would at home or at work and then as quitting time arrives, you're instantly in vacation mode -- no packing/traffic/stress.

I saw a strategic hole in my schedule around lunch on Thursday so I packed all I could on Wednesday evening and Thursday morning and then made my escape, stopping for gas and a quick sandwich along the way.  

My workspace has changed drastically lately.  First, a few years ago when I took a job that moved me from the private offices I've enjoyed for the first part of my career to a cubicle.  Of course, COVID had me working from home for a year and there I share desk space with all the personal filing & finance as well as my photography hobby.  So I have become used to thriving at work with a lot less monitors.  I normally set up at this side table shown above, but I can move to the main table if I need to spread out (just like at home).

After work, I was a mere 150 yds from a pleasant seat to enjoy being near the water.



On Friday I had a nice walk and a light breakfast.  While working, I had to hold a virtual meeting or two, work on a presentation and some spreadsheets... fairly typical stuff.  Since it was a very calm day and relatively pleasant, I spent some time mid-afternoon working from the cockpit.  


Later in the afternoon, it got too cool and when the rain started, I headed back inside to finish for the week.

I celebrated the arrival of the weekend with dinner at the Osprey Point Inn.  It was FABULOUS as usual, and great to be back eating at this wonderful restaurant that's only 150 yards from my boat.   

But even a fabulous dinner eaten alone lacks something, and that something is the presence of The Admiral.  She's working hard to close a key deal and thus is delayed a few weeks.  So this was just a one-time thing until she can return in a few more weeks.

Stuffed mushroom appetizer

Braised Pork Shank

Bread pudding!!!

Despite the wine and the brandy, I was able to make it back to the boat.  (Fortunately, there were no WUI checkpoints along the dock!)  

The rest of the evening was YouTube videos (pipe organ demos seem to be the rabbit hole of the day) and planning the weekend's sailing.



No comments:

Post a Comment