Saturday, December 17, 2022

Resting for the Winter

 

We asked the yard at Gratitude Marina to pull Seas The Day anytime after Nov 15 requesting that we be "last out, first in".  I received word that they were going to pull it in early December and on Saturday, Dec 10, we went down to check on her.




Everything seemed fine... the winterization process was well under way, though they still needed to finish taking down the dodger and put on the winter cover.  




There's been a lot of talk about the Zincs on 425 boats in this area so I took the close-up above.  The Zinc is there to corrode instead of the prop shaft (or engine parts) - the one above was replaced during our short haul during June, so this is about 6 months corrosion.  I have some friends tell me this is too much corrosion for 6 months and others saying this is fine.  I'll have to do some research over the winter months.




That's pretty much it.  With her being stored in the yard, I only plan to pop down once a month or so.

One side note is that I must have caught Covid a day or two before this visit and the last week (since Sunday) have been miserable.  I'm very glad I was able to avoid it before the vaccines and boosters were available.



No comments:

Post a Comment