Sunday, June 20, 2021

Father's Day Weekend

 


This is just a quick report on Father's Day weekend.  I stayed home on Saturday to meet my new grand puppy, Luna, who is only 3 months old.  Given her age and threatening thunderstorms we decided this visit is best done at the house.   After some family photos, a nice dinner and lots of fun in the yard, John Jess and Luna headed back north.






I spent Saturday evening finishing "Anchoring: A Ground Tackler's Apprentice" and I finally pulled the trigger on an anchor upgrade.  We'll give you more on that later when it gets installed.


Sunday morning, I woke up and headed down to get a day of sailing in.  The weather delivered the promised 7 to 10 kts of wind, but I had to motor out to the middle of the bay to get it.  Still, I got a nice hour or so of calm sailing (3.5 kts of boat speed from 7.0 kts of wind).  

It was a bit unusual in that I never started the AC despite it being a hot day.  I only carried the bedding and a new long Seas The Day pillow.  As soon as I arrived I began untying the dock lines, and as soon as I tied up, I closed up and headed home.  I got my solid 4 hours in, but I think I spent a total of 4.25 hours at the marina.












No comments:

Post a Comment