Monday, October 20, 2014

Taking Her In

I guess all good things come to an end.

The season is over and today it was time to deliver Seas The Day to her winter home.  She'll be staying at Hans Pedersen & Sons marina here in Keyport.  So I took the afternoon off, met up with John and we picked our way down the channel into town.  It was my first time down in this area, but "red right returning" got us there and taught me why the different colors also have different shapes (we were sailing right into the sun, so you can't see colors on the buoys).  Vicky was kind enough to bicycle down to the waterfront and grab some photos.


We were also the slow boat backing up traffic.


Getting into Pederson's wasn't too bad... I had not maneuvered in tight spaces much except for the two short trips to NY, but this marina is wide enough that I wasn't sweating too much.



But we finally made it to their fuel dock and John helped me tie up.



There it is... the last of the season.  Tomorrow they haul it out (I have to work, so no photos unless they're doing it during lunch), clean it off, then some workers start the process of winterizing it, others start working on the engine maintenance and still others will stop by for some warranty issues.

My job is to write the checks.

No comments:

Post a Comment