Thursday, May 12, 2016

Moving back in...


Supposedly, Seas The Day is hanging in the sling at Pedersen's, patiently waiting the high tide so she can be launched tomorrow.  I arranged the day off, so I'll meet her in Keyport.  

That means moving back in... gathering all the dry cleaned bedding, pillows, cleaning supplies, the various winter purchases (new solar panel, Bosun's chair, anchor & rode - out in the garage) and all the medical and safety equipment, so I can carry it all on-board tomorrow.  

Then check the systems and electronics and finally go for a shakedown cruise to make sure the batteries are topped off.  This is the first year I'm doing it singlehanded, so along with me is a cell phone, a backup radio and a paid up BoatUS towing policy.  

If all goes well, I'll spend a very cold night onboard and then try some sailing on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment