Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Holding at T-minus...

We're very eager to get Seas The Day back in the water, but...

We don't have confirmation that our mooring is ready - the weather hasn't been cooperative, so we'll have to see how that goes.

Speaking about weather, well, my ears perked up during the news tonight when Hurricane Glenn started talking about how horrible this weekend will be.

So I went on to www.sailflow.com to see what Keyport looked like and it wasn't pretty.


You should know that we're strictly fair weather sailors.  Yes, we did get caught in the one squall last year and I've done a lot of reading about how to handle those, but I'm not ready for sustained 20 to 30 knot winds with gusts into the 40s.

I sent an email to our boatyard and mooring guy saying "don't rush on our account".

No comments:

Post a Comment