Monday, August 28, 2017

Vicky Returns!

I'm a week or so behind.  This was the weekend of August 19/20.

So Vicky finally returned from her extended business trip in China.  She landed Friday morning and wanted to go to the boat on Saturday.  Of course "go to the boat" is as far as she made it on Saturday. Within a few minutes of getting on board, she said to head out and was asleep within minutes (I think before I even passed our neighbor's boat).  So Saturday became a run just to check out the engine and work up a tank full of hot water.

But once I got out, I couldn't resist and pulled out the mainsail.  I have single-handed before and would do it again this evening... Vicky can sleep below.  I'd sail into the sunset.



After getting back to the ball, I let her sleep a bit and then woke her up to see the sunset.  Finally, we met up with John at the KYC bar and had sushi delivered.  From the fortune cookies, it appears we have some changes in store for us.




Late in the evening, we "commuted home" by KYC launch for a very pleasant evening.


Since she just got back from China, Vicky was up at the first light and had me get up to photograph the sunrise.  



We then snoozed a bit before she wanted to set off.  This time Vicky was the skipper and she picked it up pretty quickly.  Of course, any trip with her involves some level of cleaning the boat... it's her hobby.







No comments:

Post a Comment