Saturday, July 10, 2021

A Day Out with Jie and Her Friends

Today I took Jie (a colleague from work) out for a day of sailing with her friends Mili, Jing and Pete & Liz.  Unfortunately, they were delayed and we missed the best wind so it was a day of a brief attempt at sailing and mostly motoring.  We did manage to make it across the bay to the Baltimore Harbor Light.

Jie has joined me for a daysail several times since June of 2019, and always brings a cadre of nice and interesting friends.  Here are the links to her other trips...


I don't know who's photo this is
(I stole it from WeChat moments)

I'll let the photos tell the story.  It was a beautiful day and a fun time!



We slowed down so we could enjoy a calm lunch before setting sail.

Jie, Pete & Liz, Mili and Jing








Pete & Liz in front of Love Point.


A few of the ladies are single and I suspect some additions to dating profiles were photographed today (especially among the bonus photos submitted by the crew).





I actually had to call this guy on the radio... as we were approaching the east channel, he kept turning towards me.  I called him on Ch13 and identified myself... he said he was just getting ready to drop the hook and anchor, so we continued on our way.  It was a bit unnerving, however.

Quite the photo shoot for captain Liz!








We returned, pumped out, and then retired to the salon, where my guests enjoyed a game of Splendor in the AC and I worked on my photos prior to dinner.  Later, we went to Waterman's Crab House for an early dinner before everyone headed back home.




After returning from dinner, I couldn't pass by the Adirondack chairs, so I sat and vegged for a bit, enjoying a calm and perfect evening.  Later, I filled the water tanks.  While filling the tanks, I had a wonderful conversation on the dock with Carl & Anne and later joined by Frank & Linda.  It was a nice ending to a busy and fulfilling day.





 Bonus!  Extra photos from WeChat moments.








Bonus!  Extra photos from Mili.































No comments:

Post a Comment