Wednesday, March 12, 2014

History: A Side Trip to Chicago

So the sunset sail set our minds to sailing.  I'm still a little amazed at how fast this took hold last summer.  The following week I had a business trip to Chicago and Vicky flew out and joined me for the weekend.  (That was the first time setting foot on a Catalina 315.)  Despite everything you could do in Chicago, we spent an unusually large amount of time on the water.

My business trip included an "Architectural Cruise" that took us along the Chicago River and out onto Lake Michigan...





We had time for some GC training with friends...


And Vicky and I used the water taxi as a way to get out on the water - and over to Navy Pier (after visiting the "In Water Boat Show" described a couple of posts below).




It wasn't directly "sailing related", but looking back on the photos, I realize a large number of my photographs seem to include a sailboat in them.  My mind was already churning on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment