Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Back in the Water! May 29 Shakedown cruise.

I'm a little behind on my blog posts...

May 26th:  We got back from Seattle on Monday, spent Tuesday looking for houses (we're relocating to the Wilmington, DE area), and returned home to this...


Seas The Day is back in the water!

We were busy with the job search, so we had to wait until the weekend to take her out for a shakedown cruise.

May 29 & 30:

On Friday, we had our first shakedown cruise.  I went out to Seas the day to pull the window covers off, and work on the electronics.  I had recently updated the Raymarine chart plotter's software and also tried to update the maps, but couldn't get it to display correctly.  (It was using the "World" map, which showed that I was in Keyport, NJ and even got the fact that I was in the water, but no depth detail or even shoreline beyond basic triangles... not very helpful.  Eventually I got the display to show the new maps and we were ready!


Vicky joined me and we were off for a late afternoon cruise.  I'm going to be sailing solo once she heads back to Asia for a few weeks, so I tried doing all the sailing, giving her a relaxing cruise.  It was great to get to try this with her on board as a back up.




Her relaxation ended as we began to motor back to Keyport.  Vicky loves to swab the deck, so she cleaned as I navigate.  Finally, we pulled in... I was able to retrieve the mooring ball by myself and we enjoyed the sunset from Seas The Day before calling for the launch back to KYC and our condo next door.



No comments:

Post a Comment