Sunday, June 4, 2023

Sailing with Tim and Kate's Family

 

This was a weekend with two wonderful days of sailing... both Saturday and Sunday were in the mid-70s with decent winds and the like.  I wanted to go sailing both days to catch up for missing so much sailing recently.

But, alas, just getting back from China in the wee hours of Friday morning, we were two people who were too jet-lagged.  There was just no way we was going down to Rock Hall on Friday evening as I wanted.  In fact, we didn't get down until Saturday evening in the end.

 

Within 30 milliseconds of our arrival, Boatus Cleanus (my nickname for Vicky when she's in her boat-cleaning mood) emerged as Vicky remembered I had purchased a new power washer for her for Valentines Day.  (That is not quite true... we just purchased it around that time).  She was power washing until after sunset, so it wasn't until morning that I could see how clean Seas The Day was.

She sparkled in the early morning light.


Shortly after 10:00 AM, our neighbors Tim and Kate along with their sons David and William came aboard for a day of sailing.  It was a wonderful day... mostly sunny with some nice clouds, temps in the mid-60s to low-70s and 11 to 13 kts of wind.  

But... 

My brain is still addled from jet lag, it's late on Sunday, I'm exhausted and I have a full week of work before we leave for John's wedding next weekend.  So I'm just going to let the photos (I'm not sure which photos were taken by who) tell the story to get this published.  I may come back in the next few days and add some captions or content as we get more input.









David and William


David did quite well at the helm.






We did stop by Rock Hall Harbour and make a "Dock and Dine" stop at Waterman's Crab House.


What a feast!

When we first left Waterman's, we decided to take a quick trip around Rock Hall Harbour, but right at the main city dock we heard what we thought was a cannon going off (at 3:05 PM).  I should note that yacht clubs and other nautical folks sometimes shoot off cannons at certain times of the weekend, but not usually on Sundays at 3:05.  We were a bit confused by the time, but kept going.  I later learned from news broadcasts that this was a sonic boom caused by military jets racing to intercept a Cessna that had an unresponsive pilot and must have entered the wrong airspace... the boom was heard throughout the DC region.

Also on the way back from Waterman's, we dropped the anchor in Swan Creek and Vicky tried out her new Chinese fishing gear which she received from a friend while taking fishing lessons in China.

You gotta zoom in and look closely at this contraption.

Alas, I was still onboard Seas The Day (even if Vicky did send me below to take a nap and get the bad luck away from her), so no fish were caught.


No comments:

Post a Comment